Monday, January 26, 2009

Face Lights -- When is enough enough?


I don't like face lights that are so strong you can't see anything but the person wearing the light. There are lights that take all the light away from everyone around them, and they are the only ones that can be seen. It is amazingly rude to be standing somewhere, say like in photo 1, trying on hair, when suddenly the lights go out. You can't see anything, not even your own face.



This is one example of that and how rude people can be. Honestly, does she really think that we are going to marvel over just how bright her outfit is? How much her face light shows off her body? And the big rods floating around her, doesn't she think for a moment that when she's rezing somewhere and those show up as grey blobs, that people are going to know she's got huge bars following her to try to make her look better?





Personally I do use a face light. But I designed it myself. It is soft, and only shows up my face in darkness. In daylight you can't tell the difference. I use it mostly so I can see myself at night, see where I am going when at a spot that has no real good outdoor lighting. Those types of lights I can understand. But these... these bars are just overkill. I'm so glad that there is now a video by Torley telling us all how to turn them off!

No comments:

Post a Comment